The MOM 8-S meets the new sailing safety standard. Designed to provide the market with a lighter, this smaller version of the current MOM 8-A, consists of Switlik’s new underarm flotation device (UFD), an inflatable pylon and a sea anchor packed in a soft pack valise.
Uponreleasing the one-touch buckle and pulling an easy to grab red handle on the valise, the unit will inflate and fall to the water, detaching from the boat to stay with the victim. There is a failsafe to ensure both the UFD and Pylon inflate once fired off.
When inflated, the ballasted Locator Pylon has a 6-foot waterline height. Located on top of the pylon is a water-activated, lithium-powered, flashing light with 5 years of life. The light can be seen nearly one nautical mile away under normal night conditions. The pylon has 2 SOLAS reflective panels to aid the boat’s search.
Tethered to the horseshoe and the pylon is a 16″ diameter, ballasted, self-opening Sea Anchor to reduce downwind drift keeping the victim in the same position as when they went overboard.
- Fast deployed manover board solution
- Reuseable manually inflated
- Rail mountable single pin, single pull deployment with instant floatation
- Inflatable pylon with locator light
- Weighted drogue
- Approved by World Sailing and the Pacific International Yachting Organization
- 6ft pylon for high visibility with flashing light
- Floatation horseshoe with 35lb stability
- Lifting straps for recovery