Terms and Conditions
Survival Equipment services Ltd. Provides the services described below subject to all terms and conditions of the agreement whereof the customer acknowledges and agrees. This document superseed all previous copies of these Terms & Conditons.
- All orders between SES Ltd and the customers for the supply and service of equipment are subject to these terms and conditions and shall not be replaced by any contract terms proposed by the customer.
- No employee of SES Ltd is authorised to make any statements or promises about products except in writing by a duly authorised director.
- All prices that are quoted are strictly net and exclude Value Added Tax, Which will be charged at the applicable rate at the date of invoice.
- Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the prices, SES Ltd reserve the right to effect changes without prior notice at any time.
- SES Ltd will only accept orders that have been correctly placed. The cancellation of orders after dispatch will not be accepted.
- Any cancellation of an order by a customer, in whole or in part will only be accepted in writing and constitutes acceptance by the customer to the cancellation charge of 50% of the original order value. A cancellation will not be accepted in any circumstances where a product has been specially made to order. Cancellation charges will be invoiced as soon as the cancellation becomes effective and are to be settled within 7 days of the invoice date.
- Orders will be dispatched by courier. At the request of the customer a guaranteed delivery or a Saturday delivery can be arranged, a surcharge will apply with special deliveries.
- The customer must notify SES Ltd of any damage by close of business the following working day at latest. SES Ltds’ liability shall be limited to the replacement of such products.
- The customer should advise in writing with regard to a non delivery or delivery discrepancies within 3 days of the despatch of the order, in the absence of such advice, the delivery will be deemed correct.
- All carriage charges for refused delivery will apply, plus a handling charge, at 10% of the invoice amount ( Minimum £10.00) will be liability of the customer and will be invoiced accordingly by SES Ltd.
Ownership or Risk
- The risk of Loss of Damage to the product shall pass to the customer at the time of delivery.
- The property of the product’s) shall not be passed to the customer until payment has been received in full by SES Ltd.
- At all times before payment has been made in full, the products shall stand in the name of SES Ltd. The customer shall take the appropriate steps to notify third parties of SES Ltds’ interest in products. In the event of the customer going into receivership or liquidation or any threatened seizure of the good occur, the customer is responsible to notify SES Ltd immediately, who shall be entitled to enter customers premises and repossess all products.
- Payment can be accepted using BAC’s transfer & All major credit/debit cards. Cheques can no longer be accepted.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT All CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A 5% HANDLING CHARGE.
- When using BAC’s and CHAP’s as your payment method, all transfer fees and bank charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- Currency – All payments in GBP ( Great Britain Pounds ) Sterling unless otherwise agreed.
- Upon receipt of the order a Pro-forma invoice will be issued. Once payment has been received in full the order will then be processed.
- On prior agreement only with a company director, if an order requires a deposit, a 50% payment is required with order by cheque or against pro-forma invoice and the remaining 50% payment will be due against pro-forma invoice, prior to delivery of the goods.
- Payment of goods is required in full for services to, and sale of equipment/goods before they are released or despatched, including all equipment belonging to the customer that a service has been carried out on.
- Credit terms for authorised companies and customers are strictly 14 days from the date of invoice. No further goods will be dispatched before payment is received on overdue invoices and further orders will be held pending settlement.
- All payment must be made against the invoice and on-time without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim. Overdue payments more than 28 days from the invoice date will be passed for legal action. All legal costs and interest will be charged to the customer.
- Any query regarding the invoice amount, SES Ltd must be notified in writing within 10 days of the invoice date.
- Under clause 4 above, if payment is not received by the due date, SES Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on the amount due, at the rate of 4% above the National Westminster Bank Plc base rate current at the due date. This also applies for all payments received past the given 14 days for account holders.
- SES Ltd reserves the right to withdraw credit terms without prior notice for continuous late payments.