Terms and Conditions
Survival Equipment Services Ltd (SES Ltd) transactions are subject to the following terms and conditions and are governed by English Law. This document supersedes all previous copies of these Terms and Conditions.
1. All orders between SES Ltd and the customers for the supply and/or service of equipment are subject to these terms and conditions and shall not be replaced by any contract proposed by the customer.
2. No employee of SES Ltd is authorised to make any statements or promises about products except in writing by a duly authorised Director.
1. All prices that are quoted are strictly net and exclude Value Added Tax, which will be charged at the applicable UK standard rate at the date of invoice.
2. Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the prices, SES Ltd reserve the right to effect changes without prior notice at any time.
1. SES Ltd will only accept orders that have been correctly placed. The cancellation of orders after dispatch will not be accepted.
2. Following the survey of equipment, if the customer does not proceed with the works, a survey fee (depending on the items surveyed) will apply.
1. A cancellation will not be accepted in any circumstances where a product has been specially made to order.
2. In the event of the customer cancelling an order after full payment has been received, once all costs relating to the applicable order have been calculated, any balance remaining will be refunded. A re-stocking fee of £25.00 will also apply. Cancellations will not be accepted unless within a timescale of 4 working days from point of order.
3. Any other cancellation charges will be invoiced as soon as the cancellation becomes effective and are to be settled within 7 calendar days of the invoice date.
1. Orders will be dispatched by Courier. At the request of the customer a guaranteed delivery of pre-10am or pre-12pm can be arranged – a surcharge will apply with special delivery requests.
2. All deliveries are covered by Insurance up to the value of the order or product, unless otherwise specified by the customer.
3. The customer must notify SES Ltd of any damage by 17:30 of the following business day.
4. The customer should advise in writing with regards to a non-delivery or delivery discrepancy within 3 business days of the dispatch of the order, in the absence of such advice, the delivery will be deemed as complete.
5. All carriage charges for refused delivery will apply. A handling charge at 10% of the total logistics costs (minimum £10.00) will also apply and be required prior to redelivery.
Ownership of Risk
1. The risk of Loss or Damage to the product shall pass to the customer at the time of delivery.
2. Product’s shall not be passed to the customer until payment has been received in full by SES Ltd.
3. Prior to receiving full payment, products shall stand in the name of SES Ltd. The customer shall take the appropriate steps to notify third parties of SES Ltd’s interest in products. In the event of the customer going into receivership or liquidation or any threatened seizure of the goods occur, the customer is responsible to notify SES Ltd immediately, who shall be entitled to enter customers premises and repossess all products.
1. Payment can be accepted using BAC’s and CHAP’s transfer and is the preferred method of payment. However, personal debit cards can be used at no additional charge but all Company Credit Cards carry an Administration Fee of 5% of the total order/invoice. The maximum value for all cards is £1,000.00 (one thousand pounds) and limited to one transaction per order only.
2. Cheques can no longer be accepted.
3. When using BAC’s or CHAP’s as your payment method, all transfer fees and bank charges are the responsibility of the customer.
4. All payments are to be in GBP (Great British Pounds) Sterling unless otherwise agreed.
5. All overseas transactions carry a £25.00 surcharge fee which will be charged to the customer. This covers the cost that our bank charges us for accepting overseas payments.
6. Upon receipt of the order, a Pro-forma Invoice will be issued. Once payment has been received in full the order will then be processed.
7. On orders where a Director has agreed on a deposit of 50%, with the balance due prior to dispatch of goods, the deposit is non-refundable. Additionally, payments must be via BAC’s or CHAP’s against the Pro-forma Invoice.
8. Payment of goods is required in full for services and sale of equipment/goods before they are released or dispatched, including all equipment belonging to the customer where a service has been carried out.
9. Credit Terms for authorised companies and customers are strictly 30 days unless otherwise stated from the date of invoice. No further goods will be dispatched before payment is received on overdue Invoices and further orders will be held pending settlement of payment.
10. All payments must be made against the Invoice and on-time without any off-set, deductions or counterclaims. Overdue payments more than 28 days from the due date will be passed for Legal Action. All Legal costs and interest will be charged to the customer.
11. Any query regarding the Invoice amount, SES Ltd must be notified in writing within 3 days of the Invoice date.
12. Under Clause 9 above, if payment is not received by the due date, SES Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on the amount due at the rate of 4% above the National Westminster Bank base rate current at the due date. This also applies for all payments received past the given 30 days for account holders.
13. SES Ltd reserves the right to withdraw credit terms without prior notice for continuous late payments
14. These terms shall be governed by English Law.